Part and parcel of the trip is to get to know the country better and we’ll help as much as much as we can on that front. We would also like to provide you with information from the outset. We’ve scoured the web for some of the better websites to provide you with travel tips and hints before your actual departure. In this channel, you’ll also find some advice on things like immunisation, visa’s and drivers licences. Please feel free however to drop us a mail or get in touch should you still have questions and we’ll gladly assist where possible or point you in the right direction. Simply navigate the channel by clicking on the relevant link on the right of this page.
TRAVEL TIPS AND HINTS
The Checklist (remember to pack the following)
- Passport – valid for six months from date of arrival in South Africa with valid visa and at least one empty page!
- Helmets and protective clothing (including good quality sunglasses)
- Current personal accident and medical insurance documentation
- Valid driver’s licence (in English with a photo)
- Cash, travellers cheques or credit card (please note that petrol (gas) stations do not accept payment via credit card or travellers cheque
- Security deposit for motorcycles (cash or credit card)
- Casual wear: although there are no official dress codes, the locals would not appreciate us arriving for dinner in biking regalia. Therefore, we recommend that you bring some smart-casual clothing (ties are not needed). Jeans, chinos with a sweater or shirt will suffice
- Insect repellent
- Sun protection
For further information, please check out our Q&A page